Welcome to my beauty Blog, please subscribe it will make my day :)

Friday 27 July 2012

Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Tattoo Review

I have been waiting so patiently for these babies to hit our Aussie shelves.
Little glass pots of creamy eye shadows that claim to last a whooping 24 hours with no creasing or fading. They are also likened to MAC paintpots. So I was flicking through a Chemist warehouse catalogue and saw that they were on special for $7(Normally $12)! So before you can say bargain I was at the Chemist picking some out!
Of course some of the colours had been sold out before my little mitts could get to them! But I managed to get 3 of them (out of 10 colours) which I am very happy with.
As for the staying power, I haven't worn them for 24 hours yet (and doubt I will), but once they are dry they don't budge. I had to scrub the swatches off my arm with a wet one and they still left colour residue! Gotta be happy with that for staying power :)

Bad to the Bronze- I love my natural colours and I can tell that this will turn into one of my go to shadows. It applies lovely nice and creamy and does last all day without the need to reapply. I use a concealer brush with synthetic bristles to apply this shadow. The colour is a bronze/gold/brown shimmery tone so would look great dressed up with some gold pigment placed on top and a bold black liner. I find that this one doesn't need a primer underneath, leaves a lovely looking shen all day on my lids (not an oily look) I really loooooove this!






Pomegranate Punk- Another beautiful colour. This one is like a red berry/Merlot purple kind of colour with a bit of golden shimmer. (This looks really great on blue eyes). It is very pigmented and creamy and again I use the concealer brush to apply. This one also applies well and not patchy looking, it blends easily until it dries and then it wont budge! you can build the colour up as much as you want. Im glad I got this one as it is a bit unusual and unlike any of my shadows.
















Painted Purple- I picked this over the turquoise colour as I think I will wear this one more. It is a bright purple, I still really like this one but is my least favourite out of the three I purchased. I just find this one needs a bit more work to look good. It can look a bit patchy/streaky and needs a few coats for the colour to look really pigmented. This one does look great as a base to make other purple shadows pop so i think this is how I will use this one mostly.

I heard that in the UK the shadows have different names than us and USA? How strange..



This one is a comparison of my smashbox shadow, as you can see the products are of the same consistency and pigment, one is about $26 and the other only rrp $12, i know what ones i will be purchasing from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment