Welcome to my beauty Blog, please subscribe it will make my day :)

Monday 14 May 2012

Hello Gorgeous Skin! - Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask

Us Aussies are coming into the cooler months of the year and boy is my skin feeling it! As explained in my previous skin care routine post, I have very sensitive/ dry/ skin that hates winter. Today i woke up and my skin was red, dry, itchy, my lips were dry and tight. Aaargh (I thought your body was meant to rejuvenate itself while getting beauty sleep lol). Lucky I have the day off so nobody can see me hehe.
I decided to leave the housework and give myself a DIY facial as i haven't been very good lately with my skin care routine.. tsk tsk!!
To start I cleansed my face in Dermalogica pre -cleanse oil and then exfoliated with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant which left my skin feeling squeaky clean. But as you can see from the below pics (Don't judge the no make- up ;) my skin was still red and dry. I decided to give Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask a go. I got this is last months Glossy Box so it's a sample size. This claims to "clarify and revitalise the skinleaving skin smooth, glowing, and refreshed".
The mask is green in colour and with ingredients like safflower, avocado, Kaolin Clay, lavender, marshmallow,evening primrose, & carrot you could imagine the smell..(reminds me of a fancy day spa).

I applied a thin layer all over my face, it was very cooling and i hadn't even stored it in the fridge. It instantly felt soothing on my hot skin. I left it on for 10 minutes according to the directions and relaxed as the mask tightened and set. I then used warm cotton buds to remove.
I was amazed that the redness in my skin had instantly gone and i didn't have any reaction to the ingredients, my skin still feels lovely and baby soft, (I wish you guys could put your hand through the computer screen and feel the difference ;)
I will be buying the full size version of this product, I am quite happy with the ingedient list too with majority being natural.
The full size version 40ml is $55- http://www.adorebeauty.com.au/jurlique/jurlique-intense-recovery-mask.html
What are your favourite Jurlique Products??

Redness




The product

Don't be scared Mr. Postman!
what an Improvement!!
End Result after moisturising :)

Have a great day beautiful skin day everyone!

Nicole :)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh sounds good. I normally avoid clay masks as I find them drying, but I think I'll have to give this one a go on my stupid dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't normally use a clay based mask either as they draw out the little oil our dry skins have, but i was desperate hehe

      Delete
  2. Wow!! what awesome results!
    I received this in my glossybox but haven't used it yet, you've now inspired me to do so tonight :)

    Kristy
    http://summerxmermaids.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete