Welcome to my beauty Blog, please subscribe it will make my day :)

Thursday 21 June 2012

My current Hair care products for my new red hair

I have recently changed my hair colour from very blond to a darker red shade. I have been blond my whole life and one day I just got over it and wanted to try something different, so I went a red colour and I really love it.
I had to change all of my hair care products as they wouldn't cater to my new colour. One thing that I have discovered is that red hair fades soooo quickly! I can literally see the colour getting stripped out when I straighten it!
So I have had to make some changes..
 I used to wash my hair every day as I found that it looked/felt oily otherwise whereas I have cut my hair washing down to every second day now to preserve the colour. I have found that since dyeing my hair it feels allot dryer so I put treatments in it every few days on the ends and I also use a colour care shampoo and conditioner now.
Below are some pics of my hair products and my new colour, (It was a lot darker but it has been about three weeks now so has faded to a lighter red).



 This is the shampoo and conditioner set that I chose, it's by Juuce and is available at most hair salons. They smell good, lather nicely, i just don't like that the shampoo is clear in colour, it looks like a cheap product (That's just me being fussy)..
The package also came with Juuce shock treatment. (Below), this is a very nice treatment very thick and creamy and my hair feels really soft after I use it, (use about twice a week).
I also brought the Sunsilk advanced Reconstruction program hair spa mask from Woollies, ($13), this is just like a very thick conditioner. It's ok but i don't feel it does much for my hair and wouldn't repurchase this one.









 Hot Spell by Pure (available at most salons $23) I use this before i blow dry or straighten my hair and it's basically just a heat/thermal protectant. I love the smell of this it's very sweet like a lolly. It has a bit of a hold to it as well if used in wet hair but goes once hair is dry.




Rusk Coral Therapy Marine Nutrient shine spray. 
Being darker I find that my hair looks more shinier and healthy then being blond. I just spritz  a tiny bit on once my hair is up for that added bit of shine factor without looking greasy. ( I had this when I had blond hair but didn't use it as it made my hair look way to oily)
I found this on Ebay, it smells divine!

I also brought a natural look hair food expand volumising treatment at my local salon supplier shop.(Below) $12. This is a horrible product that makes my hair so knotty, i think i will just stick to teasing it with a comb and a bit of hair spray if i want more volume.
My new colour close up
Also got some layers for volume


 Do you find that when you change your hair colour your hair products/routine changes??
Happy Friday people!!!

Nicole :)

1 comment: