Welcome to my beauty Blog, please subscribe it will make my day :)

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Peninsula Hot Springs Melbourne


While I was at Melbourne, I was taken to a place called the Peninsula Hot Springs. Seeings how cold Melbourne was the last thing I felt like doing was stripping into my togs and going for a swim...
When I first stepped into the reception area there was a lovely calming atmosphere with relaxing music, you could hire a nice fluffy white bath robe and slippers to walk around in. We were then shown to the change area where I did strip down to my togs and walked outside to.... To pure heaven!
The springs
There were beautiful natural hot springs everywhere, people were just chilling out having a quite chat amongst themselves while soaking up the health benefits of the natural springs.
Before you step into the springs, there is a little stream that you walk through and it's covered in different size rocks, it' s called the reflexology stream, the rocks massage different points of your feet, it felt divine.



The first spring I went in was body temperature, I felt like I could fall asleep in the warm water as it instantly soothed my soul and warmed my cold body.There was a little cave that you could swim into and relax.  After that one we walked up the pebble path to a hotter bath, this one was about the temperature you would have in your normal bath, nice and hot.
As you keep walking along the path the springs get hotter, there was one that was about 45 degrees, I could only soak my feet in that one it was to hot lol. There was a beautiful view from the top spring, it overlooks green country farms with free roaming  dairy cows, and in the distance you can see the majestic blue of the ocean, such a gorgeous contrast!
There is also a beauty/spa room where you can hire your own private spring and you get to fill it with aromatherapy oils, and then after you have soaked in it they massage you in the room that is full of the hot spring natural steam!
This was my kind of place, great for the mind body and soul and i would happily live there hehe!

Some Health benefits of the Springs from the website -
The water is classified as a "Sodium Chloride Bicarbonate Spring" (Na-C1.HCO3). According to the Japanese Health Authority, the therapeutic benefits of bathing in this type of thermal mineral spring are said to include the alleviation of neuralgia, bruising, breaks, articular rheumatism, stiffness of the shoulders, skin diseases, recovery from fatigue, infertility and muscular complaints.
 

Bathing


My favourite spring



Turkish Steam room











 Here is the website link if anyone is interested, i think it was about $25 for as long as you like. http://www.peninsulahotsprings.com/en_US/bookings.html



Has any of my fellow Aussie followers every been here? And did you love it as much as me??





3 comments:

  1. Hiya, became a member of your blog, hope youll look at mine

    www.lipglossandcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of this and I live in Melbourne! I'm going to have to check that out now :P
    I also wanted to let you know I awarded you on my blog :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much! It's much appreciated :) :) Made my day

      Delete