Welcome to my beauty Blog, please subscribe it will make my day :)

Saturday 23 June 2012

Seche Vite, Best top coat ever??

I know I'm a little late with this top coat trend, but I saw it cheap on Ebay the other day and thought I would see what the hype was all about.
"Seche Vite's patented formula penetrates through the nail lacquer to the base coat forming a single solid coating over the nail plate which is guaranteed not to yellow. It goes on immediately after the nail lacquer, no waiting. Apply thickly, get a nice bead on the end of the brush, then set softly down on the first nail painted."( http://www.crushcosmetics.com.au/nails/top-coats/seche-vite-dry-fast-top-coat)
I thought I would so a little experiment to see if Seche Vite really lived up to it's name. I applied two coats of a cheap $2 nail polish (NYC feather Boa) and then applied one coat of Seche Vite to my right hand only while the polish was semi wet. It didn't drag the nail polish like I thought it might which was a plus.
Below are the pics I took of this polish after being on for three days! I am really impressed as I normally take this polish off after 1 day as it chips so bad as my nails get quite a beating most days! ( I never use to wear any top coat though tsk tsk!)
The results speak for themselves!
I have heard of some negatives of this top coat though, 1. It thickens up to quickly in the bottle (It is quite a thick top coat to begin with),  2. I was a bit freaked about opening it when I got it as there was a massive warning label- "Contains ingredients that can harm or deform your unborn child" Geeezus! Lucky i am not preggers or I would not have used this. ( I am guessing the ingredient they are talking about is Toulene).
I think it is a good thing that they openly have a warning label on the box. One of my friends was using Revitanail nail strengthener when pregnant and only just noticed in tiny writing that it contains Formaldehyde which is just as bad as Toulene! 

I actually really want the Seche Vite V polish which you can cure under a UV light over normal nail polish with natural nails and it acts like a gel sealant. ( I have Glaze n Go but that can't be used over normal nail polish as it cracks).



The cheap polish (Great colour though)
After 3 days, pretty good i think
After three days. Skanky nails eew!

















Have you tried this? What do you think??

Have a nice weekend, Nicole :)

5 comments:

  1. You have been nominated for an award at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this after all the great things I've heard about it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it if you get it, i think you will love it!

      Delete
  3. I recently purchased this from Beautyjoint.com (only $5.50, how could I say no?) but haven't tried it just yet... I was a bit scared by the warning too... but respect to them for showing it so openly! It's that kind of honestly I like to see in a brand!
    But wow the results really came through good! I'll definitely be using this on top of all my polishes from now on!
    :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I will have to check out that website, sounds cheap :)

      Delete