Welcome to my beauty Blog, please subscribe it will make my day :)

Sunday 29 April 2012

The Taming of the Brows :)

If you were stuck on an island and heard there were a few good looking sorts coming over to save you, and you only had one product available to doll yourself up before they came, what would that product be?
For me.. My NYX dark brown Jumbo pencil to fill in the sparse barely noticeable hairs on my face called eyebrows! You see, being quite fair skinned and haired my eyebrows are pretty much non existent looking and i don't feel complete unless they are done.
I once to use a lot of powder products on my brows, but in photos they looked powdery and the hairs wouldn't stay in place.
Then one day for some reason i tried the Nyx pencil on them and instantly fell in love. I love this because it is waxy in consistency so it keeps any strays in place, it is a great versatile true matte brown colour, i have worn this when i had very blonde hair and i still wear it now when i have darker hair it all depends on how much product you use as to the colour payoff.
So for a cheap alternative to brow pencils and powders try your $4 Nyx jumbo pencil, I'm sure you have one floating around somewhere.

The other products that i use for my brows include Tweezerman tweezers, these truly are the best tweezers around, they have a stainless steel tip that is quite sharp, good enough to get those pesky blonde hairs that the eye can't see. I rthink these retail for about $28 but they are worth it, you will never go back to normal tweezers!

Jane Iredale angle/liner brow brush, this brush is really thin and angled perfect for shaping brows, I use this with the pencil and powders, its also great for lining and tight lining eyes.

Ecotools brow brush, just to combe the hairs into place before hand and after product has been applied. Sometimes if i want extra extra hold in my brows i will spray hairspray on this brush and combe through my brows.
I also use eyebrow tint on my brows when i have time to do it, this just makes them darker and it lasts for about 2 weeks.

No product,!!


After the Nyx Jumbo pencil, lightly applied, much nicer.
P.s I dont have any other makeup on yet.. it's Sunday morning ok ;)




Do you know how to shape your eyebrows?
If your beautician waxes them you can normally see the regrowth underneath, only tweeze those ones, if you want to reshape them best see the professionals.
Here is a picture of the correct brow shaping way, although everyones are different so it's not always this simple :)
Here are some tricks to help shape.
  • Tweeze after a warm shower as it won't hurt as much
  • You can tweeze/wax on top of the brow not just underneath
  • Hold the skin taught when tweezing and always pull the way the hair is growing as to avoid snapping the hair (You want to get it out by the root which you can normally see on a plucked eyebrow hair it's like a little white ball on the end).


The Black line is where your brow should start, basically if you hold a pencil from the side of your nose upward all the hairs outside of the pencil can be tweezed as they will start looking a bit mono browish otherwise. The Arch is the white line, if you hold the pencil from your nostril to the outer black colour of your eye (iris?) this is where you should have your arch.
And the brows should end at the outer corner of your eye, (grey line). Most peoples are much shorter so this is where the brow pencil comes in handy to draw this part in. It makes your face look alot thinner.
Anyway hope this helps :) Have a great day, --Nicole--


2 comments:

  1. great post! I love how detailed it is :) you have lovely shaped brows - it's made me wanna go do mine now :D.

    new follower here too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i know brows are a tricky thing to master, thanks for subbing :)

      Delete